Updating Multiple Existing Places
The CSV Upload feature allows Company Admins to update multiple Places at the same time.
Access CSV Uploads
There are two ways to access CSV Uploads for Places:
- Navigate to your user drop-down menu in the top right hand corner, and then select CSV Uploads.
- In the "Choose Upload Type" menu that appears, select Places. Click the blue "+ CSV Upload" button to continue.
- Navigate to the Places tab from the Navigation Bar
- In the top right hand corner, click on CSV Upload
Update Existing Places
If you'd like to edit multiple Places that already exist in GoSpotCheck, click on "Update Existing Places."
Preparing Your File
To update places that exist within GoSpotCheck today, your file must include the GSC ID in a column header named "id" for every place being updated, along with the following optional column headers of every field you wish to update.
Required Place Details:
- Custom property fields must be formatted as "p_<property_name>". For example, to update a "region" property, the column header should be formatted as "p_region. "
Edit Place Details
To modify place details in your CSV file, find the row(s) representing the places in need of modification enter their updated details into the corresponding column.
Edit Place Properties
If your company uses place properties, you can:
- change any place property value, by clicking into the cell and updating the text
- delete the contents of a place property cell by replacing the current text with NULL
Edit Place Groups
To add a place to a Place Group as part of your CSV upload, you can use place_group_[number] as the column header. Place group columns should be formatted incrementally, for example 'place_group_1' and then the next column as 'place_group_2' etc. The values within each column represent the specific place group to which you want to add the place. For example to add a place to the "Large Format Stores" and "North Region" Place Groups, the Place Group portion of your csv file would look like the following:
|Large Format Stores||North Region|
If you'd like to remove places from an existing place group as part of your upload, use the "place_group_[number]_action" header with the value of "REMOVE". To remove a place from the "Large Format Stores" Place Group, the Place Group portion of your csv file would look like the following:
|Large Format Stores||REMOVE|
Disabling Multiple Places
You can also change the status of the Place from "Enabled" to "Disabled" in your CSV Upload.
- Find or Create the column header labeled "disabled"
- For each place you wish to disable in GoSpotCheck, enter "TRUE" in the disabled column.
Uploading Your File
- When you are ready to upload a CSV file, click Choose.
- Select the file you want to upload, and then click Open > Next.
- The system verifies that the CSV file you are about to upload contains the required columns. Click into the column name box (highlighted in blue) to match up the required columns and, if necessary, match them up to ones from your file and click OK.
- When finished, click Process CSV. You will receive confirmation that your CSV upload is in process. Once it completes, you see Completed in the status column.
In addition, you will receive an email message that your CSV Upload has completed.
- Click Places to view your Place updates in the system.