New Mission Builder
Before deploying a Mission, review the Mission settings on the Settings tab. Missions have four available settings:
- Enable user assigned places: This setting ensures users can only submit Mission responses at places they have been assigned. Admins must assign places to users in advance of Mission deployment, otherwise, no one will receive the Mission.
- Allow users to add places: This setting allows users to add new places on the fly from the mobile device. These places will appear in your full account list on the Places tab and in a designated place group named ‘New Places’.
- Allow Missions without a place: This setting gives the user the ability to submit a Mission response without any association to a place. This is also known as an Anywhere Mission.
- Enable Copy & Start Mission Responses: This setting allows users to copy a previously submitted Mission response, retaining the answers from the original response. This can save a user time if most of their responses remain the same between place visits. This functionality excludes photo and signature task responses.
If you do not have these options in your Mission settings tab, please go to your Company settings page and make updates as needed.
Mission notifications are also found in Settings. Read more about notifications here.
Legacy Mission Builder
When creating a Mission, there are a number of additional options you can select to fine tune the availability of your mission in the field. We call these options, Advanced Settings, and they are included in the Advanced Settings dropdown of every Mission that is currently editable.
Show Advanced Settings
- From the Mission Builder page, click the Show Advanced Settings link.
The Advanced Settings dropdown includes the following options:
- Enable user assigned places—deploys Missions ONLY to assigned accounts contained in the Place Group selected. For example, if a mission is deployed to the "Walmart" Place Group, checking the "Enable User Assigned Places" option will allow users to view this mission only at Walmart locations to which they have been assigned.
- Allow users to add places—allows users to add places not included in your place database and complete this Mission. The Places will appear in your “New Places” place group.
Allow missions without a place—allows users to complete the mission without a place selected (this mission becomes known as an Anywhere Mission). Useful in environments where the place is hard to define ( i.e., planes, trains, automobiles, etc.).
*NOTE: Anywhere Missions cannot be completed via MyGSC.
If you have the 'Assign a UAP to Places Added in the Mobile App' set to false in your Company Settings, you will not have the option to choose both 'Enable User Assigned Places' and 'Allow users to add places.' This is because each Place that a user adds will need to be assigned as a UAP to that user in order to complete the Mission. If the 'Assign a UAP to Places Added in the Mobile App' feature is set to false, the user would not have the newly added Place assigned to his/her profile and would therefore be unable to complete the Mission. If you would like to create a Mission that is UAP enabled and will allow users to add Places in the app, please go to your Company Settings page and toggle the 'Assign a UAP to Places Added in the Mobile App' setting on or reach out to your Customer Success Manager.