Scheduling a Mission
Mission Scheduling allows Mission creators and editors to dictate a time period in which the Mission is available for mobile app users to complete. With scheduling, you can rest assured knowing your Mission will automatically start and stop when desired.
Schedule a Mission To Start & Stop Automatically
After you’ve finished editing your Mission, click the green Start button in the right hand corner. On the confirmation window that appears, click Modify the Mission Schedule to enter the date when you’d like your Mission to be automatically launched.
- Start Date: Enter the day you’d like this Mission to be available on mobile devices. Your Mission will launched automatically at 12:01am (in the timezone of your company) on the start date you enter. If you prefer, you can start the Mission immediately by clicking the Start Immediately checkbox (this clears any entry to the Start Date previously entered).
- Stop Date: Enter the final day you’d like for the Mission to be available on mobile devices. Your Mission will be stopped automatically at 11:59pm (company time) on the Stop Date. Alternatively, you can leave the Stop Date blank if you wish to stop the Mission manually.
- Schedule Mission: Click the green Schedule Mission button to complete the process.
All Scheduled Missions can be found in the Scheduled tab on the Missions page (Missions > Scheduled). Clicking the Scheduled Start Date column will allow you sort Scheduled Missions in order of their intended start date.
Edit the Schedule of Started Mission
For Missions that have already begun, admins can enter or modify the Mission’s Stop Date so it will stop automatically. To get started, navigate to the Mission Overview page of the Mission in question, and click Modify Schedule.
On the “Modify Mission Schedule” dialogue that appears, enter your desired Stop Date and click Schedule Mission. Your mission will be automatically stopped at the date and time indicated.
NOTE: Because the Mission has already been started, the Start Date field is not editable.
At any point prior to the Stop Date, you can return to the Mission Overview page to modify the schedule once more.
Schedule a Started Mission to End Automatically
You can also add a Stop Date for any Started Mission by clicking the Stop button on the Mission Index or Mission Overview page.
On the confirmation window that appears, click Modify the Mission Schedule to enter the date when you’d like your Mission to be automatically stopped.
A few things to keep in mind…
- Start & End Dates are in the Company Time Zone: The Mission start date will fall at 12:01 AM in your company’s listed timezone. Likewise, a Mission stop date will fall at 11:59 PM in your company’s listed timezone.
- You do not have to schedule Missions: Missions can be started and stopped immediately by simply ignoring the Mission Scheduling link.
- Mission Editing: Editing an in-progress Mission will not affect it's current schedule. Instead, you can change the schedule of an In-Progress Mission using the "Modify Mission Schedule" button.
- Copying a Mission does not copy the Mission Schedule: If desired, you will need to set a new schedule when copying a Mission.