New Mission Builder
What is a picture task?
A picture task provides the respondent with the ability to take live photos or upload photos from their device. This task type is ideal for situations where an image is needed to confirm how something looks in the field. If your organization has purchased image recognition, photo submissions can be analyzed automatically with machine learning technology.
Picture task in the Mission Builder
Picture task on a mobile device
Create a picture task
There are three ways to create a picture task in the Mission Builder.
- Add component to an empty mission builder canvas. Select ‘Add Component’ and choose 'Picture'. This button is only available when adding the first task to a new mission or section.
- Drag and drop Picture from the components panel onto the mission builder canvas. This can be done on an empty canvas or at any stage of mission building.
- Click the ‘+’ sign above or below any existing task and choose Picture from the components list
Configure a picture task
- Task title: Title your newly created task in a way that clearly indicates a photo submission is expected.
- Task description: If the task requires specific instruction or further information, add a brief task description to help the user interpret the assignment.
- Set a task mode: Newly created tasks are required by default, meaning the user must submit a response. Tasks can be changed to optional in the Task Mode dropdown. If your company has advanced logic enabled, tasks can also be configured as Read Only. Read-only tasks cannot be answered, rather, they are used to display information to the user.
- Picture settings: Picture tasks have additional settings. If the user should be required to submit a live photo rather than uploading an existing photo from their device, check the Use camera only setting box. To limit the number of photos that can be submitted, enter a numeric value in the Max # of Photos box (up to 100 photos).
Add conditional tasks
At this time, conditional logic cannot be added to a picture task.
Read more on conditional logic here.
Legacy Mission Builder
Picture Tasks can be used when you'd like to capture and submit one or more photos within your Mission. Photos are a great way to add qualitative insight to the quantitative data you are collecting in your Missions.
Adding a Picture Task to a Mission
To add a new Picture Task to a Mission, first Create a Mission. Then click Add Task and select Picture Task.
A Picture Task can also be used as a Conditional Task. Click the + Conditional button on any parent task that supports conditional logic and select Picture Task.
Configuring a Picture Task
When you add a Picture Task to a Mission, there are a couple things you can do to configure it to behave the way you want:
- Make Optional
Toggle the Optional checkbox beneath the Picture Task Title if you'd like to let users submit this Mission Response without capturing at least one photo for this task.
- Enable Image Recognition*
Check this box to leverage GoSpotCheck Image Recognition Technology to analyze and identify the products within the image.
*This option is only visible to customers who have purchased GoSpotCheck Image Recognition; restrictions apply.
- Require Live Photos
Click the Use Camera Only checkbox to prevent users from submitting a photo from their device's photo gallery. Checking this box requires that photos be taken in real-time using the device's camera during the Mission.
- Set the Max # of Photos
By default, each Picture Task accepts up to 3 photos per task. However, you can adjust that number higher (up to 10) or lower (down to 1) to suit your needs.
Completing a Picture Task in the Mobile App
You can identify Picture Tasks within Missions in the Mobile App by the 📷 icon in the top right corner of the task. Unless marked as Optional, Picture Tasks require at least one photo to be captured per task.
There are two ways to add a photo to the task:
- Tap the camera button take a Live Photo
- Tap the photo button to upload a photo from your device's photo gallery
Picture Tasks can be configured to accept anywhere between 1 & 10 pictures per task. You can view a count of the number of photos you've captured for the task and see a preview of the first image in the series by tapping the frame in the bottom left corner of the task (prior to photo capture, the frame is grey, as seen above).
Reporting Options for Picture Tasks
There are a number of ways to view and analyze the photos captured within GoSpotCheck Picture Tasks:
- Mission Overview Tile: View the four most recently captured photos for each photo task that match your current filters
- Task Gallery View: Click the Picture Task hyperlink to be taken to a shareable gallery of all of the photos captured for a Picture Task.
- View individual photos: See an individual photo, side-by-side with other task responses from the Mission.
- Download photos to your computer: Export all of the photos from a particular Mission.
- PhotoWorks: Subscribers of PhotoWorks can view, filter, sort and export their GoSpotCheck photos from one place. Learn more HERE.