New Mission Builder
What is a temperature task?
A temperature task provides the respondent with the ability to record temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius. This can be done manually or with select Bluetooth thermometers that wirelessly transfer temperature readings to the mobile device. This task type is ideal for situations where temperatures of food, coolers or warmers need to be collected.
Temperature task in the Mission Builder
Temperature task on a mobile device
Read more on the mobile device experience here.
Create a temperature task
There are three ways to create a temperature task in the Mission Builder.
- Add a component to an empty mission builder canvas by selecting Add Component. This button is only available when adding the first task to a new mission or section. Pick Temperature from the components list.
- Drag and drop Temperature from the components panel onto the mission builder canvas. This can be done on an empty canvas or at any stage of mission building.
- Click the ‘+’ sign above or below any existing task and choose Temperature from the components list.
Configure a temperature task
- Task title: Title your newly created task in a way that clearly indicates a temperature value is expected as the response.
- Task description: If the task requires specific instruction or further information, add a brief task description to help the user interpret the assignment.
- Make task optional: Newly created tasks default to being required, meaning the user must submit a response. Tasks can be changed to optional by checking the This task is optional box in the task configuration panel.
- Select unit of measure: Select Fahrenheit or Celsius as the unit of measure for the recorded temperature.
Add conditional tasks
You can add conditional tasks to any temperature task. Conditional tasks allow for a specific subtask to be populated based on the temperature value that was submitted. This allows users to expand on their selection with a customized follow-up that pertains to their original answer.
To add a conditional task:
- Click on the ‘+’ icon to the right of a temperature task title
- Select a task type that provides logical follow-up to your initial count task. Any task type can be added as a conditional to a parent temperature task.
- Set a condition for the conditional task in the task configuration panel. This ensures the conditional task only appears when a value within a specific range is submitted to the parent temperature task. You can set the following parameters on the parent temperature task response:
You can add conditional tasks to conditional tasks, nesting multiple layers of child tasks as needed.
Read more on conditional logic here.
Legacy Mission Builder
Adding a Temperature Task to your Mission enables you to capture and log temperature readings taken in the field in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
For example, you might ask:
- What is the temperature of the coffee creamer?
- What is the ambient air temperature of the walk-in freezer?
- What was the weather during your demo? (Brand Ambassadors)
Temperature Task is a bluetooth-enabled task, which means that mobile users can use select bluetooth thermometers to wirelessly transfer temperature readings from their bluetooth thermometer into a Temperature Task Response.
Adding a Temperature Task to a Mission
To add a new Temperature Task to a Mission, first Create a Mission. Then click Add Task and select Temperature Task.
A Temperature Task can also be used as a Conditional Task. Click the + Conditional button on any parent task that supports conditional logic and select Temperature Task.
Configuring a Temperature Task
When you add a temperature task to a Mission, there are a few things you can do to configure it to behave the way you want:
Make a Temperature Task Optional
Toggle the Optional checkbox beneath the Temperature Task Title if you’d like to let users submit this Mission Response without entering a temperature value.
Unit of Measure
Choose whether you’d like responses to this task to be recorded in °F (Fahrenheit) or °C (Celsius).
Add a Conditional Task
If you’d like to create a follow-up task based on the temperature a users enters for this task, click the + Conditional button and select your task type from the task picker.
Next enter the temperature parameters that will cause the conditional task to appear to the user. Available operators include:
Viewing the Temperature Task Tile in Reporting
To view individual temperature task responses, click the blue hyperlink on the top of the summary tile. You'll be taken to a table listing the individual Temperature Task responses from the Mission, including the user who submitted the Mission, Place of submission, Date & Time and other supporting details.