Adding a Temperature Task to your Mission enables you to capture and log temperature readings taken in the field in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
For example, you might ask:
- What is the temperature of the coffee creamer?
- What is the ambient air temperature of the walk-in freezer?
- What was the weather during your demo? (Brand Ambassadors)
Temperature Task is a bluetooth-enabled task, which means that mobile users can use select bluetooth thermometers to wirelessly transfer temperature readings from their bluetooth thermometer into a Temperature Task Response.
Adding a Temperature Task to a Mission
To add a new Temperature Task to a Mission, first Create a Mission. Then click Add Task and select Temperature Task.
A Temperature Task can also be used as a Conditional Task. Click the + Conditional button on any parent task that supports conditional logic and select Temperature Task.
Configuring a Temperature Task
When you add a temperature task to a Mission, there are a few things you can do to configure it to behave the way you want:
- Make a Temperature Task Optional
Toggle the Optional checkbox beneath the Temperature Task Title if you’d like to let users submit this Mission Response without entering a temperature value.
- Unit of Measure
Choose whether you’d like responses to this task to be recorded in °F (Fahrenheit) or °C (Celsius).
- Add a Conditional Task
If you’d like to create a follow-up task based on the temperature a users enters for this task, click the + Conditional button and select your task type from the task picker.
Next enter the temperature parameters that will cause the conditional task to appear to the user. Available operators include:
Completing a Temperature Task in the Mobile App
Users of the mobile application can enter a temperature reading in two ways; manually via onscreen keypad, or wireless via connected Bluetooth Thermometer.
- Tap into the white box of the Temperature task and use the onscreen keypad to enter the temperature reading
- To clear your entry, tap the 🅧
- Click Done
BLUETOOTH THERMOMETER ENTRY
- Tap into the white box of the Temperature task
- Press the transmit button on your connected Bluetooth Thermometer (Transmit buttons vary by thermometer). The temperature reading appears in the temperature task response field.
- To clear your entry and try again, tap the 🅧
- Click Done
Viewing the Temperature Task Tile in Reporting
To view individual temperature task responses, click the blue hyperlink on the top of the summary tile. You'll be taken to a table listing the individual Temperature Task responses from the Mission, including the user who submitted the Mission, Place of submission, Date & Time and other supporting details.