Add a New Place
From time to time, you may find that you need to add a new location to your company's database. This may be a prospective client or a new business that popped up.
There are two ways to add a new place to GoSpotCheck:
- Select a Place from Nearby Locations
- Add/Use Current Location
Where is the Add a New Place button?
- From the mobile app, navigate to your Choose a Place page.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the Place List.
- Tap the Add a New Place button (iOS) or click the blue icon (Android).
Select a Place from Nearby Locations
When you select Add a New Place (iOS) or the blue add a place icon (Android), nearby businesses that are in the GoSpotCheck/Google database will appear in the main portion of the screen. They will appear in order of location, with nearest locations appearing first.
To add one of these locations, simply select that Place on your screen.
Add/Use Current Location
You can also search if the location does not appear in the initial list.
- To add a location that is not listed, click Select this location.
- Android Users will be presented with the Use this location Screen.
- Click Select to choose the location. Click Change Location to go back and choose a new location.
- Once you have selected a location, the next screen will show you address details. Complete the fields as needed.
TIP: The Place ID field is where you can add a Custom ID. Typically, this number will follow a pattern your organization uses. This field is optional when adding a new Place. The other fields will be in reference to the name and address of the Place that you are adding.
- When all fields have been inputted, tap Save in the upper right corner. Your newly added Place is now available to complete Missions.
Viewing Missions at a New Place
The ability to Add a New Place is mission-specific; that is, it must be turned on by an Admin for each mission.
When you add a new Place, you may see a limited list of missions as available to complete at this new Place. This simply means that the Missions you do not see listed do not have this feature enabled.