What is a scale task?
A scale task allows the respondent to pick a numeric value on a sliding scale with a slider bar. This task type is ideal for situations where a quantifiable rating is needed.
Scale task in the Mission builder
Scale task on a mobile device
Create a scale task
There are three ways to create a scale task in the Mission builder.
- Select Add Component on an empty Mission builder canvas. This button is only available when adding the first task to a new Mission or section.
- Drag and drop Scale from the components panel onto the Mission builder canvas. This can be done on an empty canvas or at any stage of Mission building.
- Click the ‘+’ sign above or below any existing task and choose Scale from the components list.
Configure a scale task
- Task title: Title your newly created task in a way that clearly indicates the expected response should be a numeric value within a range.
- Task description: If the task requires specific instruction or further information, add a brief task description to help the user interpret the assignment.
- Establish and describe scale values: Set a numeric range for the scale task. Describe the low and high values to help the user interpret the rating.
- Set a task mode: Newly created tasks are required by default, meaning the user must submit a response. Tasks can be changed to optional in the Task Mode dropdown. If your company has advanced logic enabled, tasks can also be configured as Read Only. Read-only tasks cannot be answered, rather, they are used to display information to the user.
Add conditional tasks
At this time, conditional logic cannot be added to a scale task.
Read more on conditional logic here.