What is a date task?
A date task provides the respondent with the ability to enter a date. The date provided can be in the past or the future. This task type is ideal for situations where a response should be submitted in a date format (YYYY-MM-DD).
Date task in the Mission builder
Date task on a mobile device
Create a date task
There are three ways to create a date task in the Mission builder.
- Select Add Component on an empty Mission builder canvas. This button is only available when adding the first task to a new Mission or section.
- Drag and drop Date from the components panel onto the Mission builder canvas. This can be done on an empty canvas or at any stage of Mission building.
- Click the ‘+’ sign above or below any existing task and choose Date from the components list.
Configure a date task
- Task title: Title your newly created task in a way that clearly indicates a date is expected as the response.
- Task description: If the task requires specific instruction or further information, add a brief task description to help the user interpret the assignment.
- Make task optional: Newly created tasks default to being required, meaning the user must submit a response. Tasks can be changed to optional by checking the This task is optional box in the task configuration panel.
Add conditional tasks
At this time, conditional logic cannot be added to a date task.
Read more on conditional logic here.