Create a Place Group
A Place Group is a logical grouping of your places. Place Groups can organize places by region, retailer, management responsibility, or anything else that is meaningful for you. Places must be loaded into GoSpotCheck before you can organize them into Place Groups.
NOTE: This functionality is available to Company Admins and anyone with “Place Admin Permissions.”
There are two different Place Group types in GoSpotCheck: Smart and Standard.
- Smart Place Groups are dynamic groups of places within GoSpotCheck that update automatically based on any combination of place properties you define. Places are included in a Smart Place Group whenever their properties match the ones you’ve defined for the Smart Place Group; places are removed if those properties change. Therefore, Smart Place Groups are ideal if you’re frequently adding new places or modifying place properties and you want your Place Groups to automatically reflect those changes.
- Standard Place Groups are groups of places within GoSpotCheck that can include any place in the system, regardless of the properties assigned to the place. These are static and require manual updates.
Create a New Place Group
Once you have places loaded into GoSpotCheck, you can begin to organize them into Place Groups.
Creating a Smart Place Group
Smart Place Groups help you organize your places by properties that they have in common. With the Place Group purpose in mind, determine the criteria to use when creating your Smart Place Group.
- Follow the steps above to create your Place Group, ensuring that you select Smart as the Place Group Type.
- Use the filters to build your Place Group. Select an available property from the drop-down menu and search for a specific property value. You can add up to five filters.
- After you have defined your filters, click Preview Place Group. A list of up to 25 places that meet the selected criteria will appear. Use the preview to confirm the configured filters return a set of places that you expect to be included in the Place Group.
- Click Save.
- You will be directed to a screen that lists all the places within your newly created Smart Place Group.
Configure Smart Place Group Criteria
Combining Smart Place Criteria
Smart Place Group criteria can be combined to filter places on more granular levels.
For example, you could create an East Coast Activation Place Group, by configuring filters to include all places that:
- Have a Market property = East
- Have a Type Property = Activation
To apply additional filter criteria, click +Add Filter.
Creating a Standard Place Group
When creating a Standard Place Group, you can add any Place in your company that has not been disabled.
- Follow the steps above to create your Place Group, ensuring that you select Standard as the Place Group Type.
- A list of places will appear. Build your Standard Place Group by clicking on the box next to the place you want to add from this Places list. If you do not see the place you want to add, use the search field in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the box next to the place and hit Save to add the place to your Place Group. You will receive a prompt that your Place Group has been created