Short Answer Task
What is a short answer task?
A short answer task provides the respondent with the ability to answer in paragraph format. This task type is ideal for situations where an open-ended explanation best describes the task at hand. While this task type is named short answer, there is no character limit and voice-to-text can be used instead of typing for longer responses.
Short answer task in the Mission builder
Short answer task on a mobile device
Create a short answer task
There are three ways to create a short answer task in the Mission builder.
- Select Add Component on an empty Mission builder canvas. This button is only available when adding the first task to a new Mission or section.
- Drag and drop Short Answer from the components panel onto the Mission builder canvas. This can be done on an empty canvas or at any stage of Mission building.
- Click the ‘+’ sign above or below any existing task and choose Short Answer from the components list.
Configure a short answer task
- Task title: Title your newly created task in a way that clearly indicates a text-based response is expected.
- Task description: If the task requires specific instruction or further information, add a brief task description to help the user interpret the assignment.
- Make task optional: Newly created tasks default to being required, meaning the user must submit a response. Tasks can be changed to optional by checking the This task is optional box in the task configuration panel.
Add conditional tasks
At this time, conditional logic cannot be added to a short answer task.
Read more on conditional logic here.