What is a price task?
A price task provides the respondent with the ability to enter a price. This task type is ideal for situations where an expected response value should be formatted as currency.
Price task in the Mission builder
Price task on a mobile device
Create a price task
There are three ways to create a price task in the Mission builder.
- Select Add Component on an empty Mission builder canvas. This button is only available when adding the first task to a new Mission or section.
- Drag and drop Price from the components panel onto the Mission builder canvas. This can be done on an empty canvas or at any stage of Mission building.
- Click the ‘+’ sign above or below any existing task and choose Price from the components list.
Configure a price task
- Task title: Title your newly created task in a way that clearly indicates a numeric response value is expected.
- Task description: If the task requires specific instruction or further information, add a brief task description to help the user interpret the assignment.
- Set a task mode: Newly created tasks are required by default, meaning the user must submit a response. Tasks can be changed to optional in the Task Mode dropdown. If your company has advanced logic enabled, tasks can also be configured as Read Only. Read-only tasks cannot be answered, rather, they are used to display information to the user.
- Currency: Price tasks include the ability to set a default currency. To so do, select the applicable currency from the Currency dropdown in the task configuration panel.
Add conditional tasks
At this time, conditional logic cannot be added to a price task.
Read more on conditional logic here.