Notifications on Mobile
GoSpotCheck can send you a variety of notifications about your Missions and Mission Responses directly within the GoSpotCheck mobile app. This will ensure that you’re receiving important updates from your organization right away, so you always have the latest details about your Missions, even when you’re in the field.
Notifications can be used to alert you when:
- A new Mission starts
- A Mission is ending soon (in 72 hours)
- A Mission has ended
- An In Progress Mission response is expiring soon (in 72 hours)
- You need additional info on the Mission itself (the “why” or other details behind the Mission)
Types of Notifications
There are two types of notifications available in the mobile application:
- In-App Notifications are displayed in the notifications window of the mobile application.
- Push Notifications: These are sent directly to your device and will show up on the lock screen, in the Notification Center, or as a badge on an app icon.
To view notifications:
- Tap on the bell icon in the upper right hand corner of your screen to access the notifications window. If there is a red dot on the icon, it indicates the number of new or unread notifications available to you.
- On this screen, any unread messages will be marked with a blue dot.
- Tap on the notification to view more details. These notifications may contain text directly from your organization, with instructions relevant to your Team and your Mission. They will notify you when Missions are starting or ending, and might also contain custom text regarding the purpose of the Mission, scoring, KPIs, etc. – anything you need to know to collect data more effectively!
- Tap the Notifications arrow in the top left to return to the notifications list view.
Push notifications integrate your In-App notifications into your device's operating system, automatically delivering them to your device's home screen, notification center and badge icon.
Enable Push Notifications
You can turn on push notifications for your device by tapping Settings in the tabbed navigation bar and then toggling the Push Notifications switch.
An operating system pop-up may appear asking you to allow GoSpotCheck to send you notifications. If it does, tap Allow.