Add a New Place
From time to time, you may find that you need to add a new location to your company's database. This may be a prospective client or a new business that popped up.
Once you add a new PlacePlaces are the accounts and locations your Users will visit to complete their Missions. Places are locations added to your company's database., the only available missions will be those which your Company AdminA person with a role of Admin can access the mobile app and anything and everything else in the dashboard. has dispatched to user-added places. To add more missions, contact your Company Admin.
Not all companies enable their UsersA person with a role of User is only able to access the mobile app, and has no access to the Web dashboard. to add a Place. This is usually to ensure that no duplicate accounts are created.
In order to be able to add a new place, please have your Company Admin visit the Company Settings page and turn on "Add New Places in the Mobile App" under Mobile Settings.
There are two ways to add a new place to GoSpotCheck:
When you select Add a New Place (iOS) or the blue add a place icon (Android), nearby businesses that are in the GoSpotCheck/Google database will appear in the main portion of the screen. They will appear in order of location, with nearest locations appearing first.
To add one of these locations, simply select that Place on your screen.
You can also search if the location does not appear in the initial list.
- To add a location that is not listed, click Select this location.
- Android Users will be presented with the Use this place? screen.
- Click Select to choose the location. Alternatively, click Change Location to go back and choose a new location.
- Once you have selected a location, the next screen will show you address details. Complete the fields as needed.
- When all fields have been inputted, tap Save in the upper right corner. Your newly added Place is now available to complete Missions.
TIP: The Place ID field is where you can add a Custom ID. Typically, this number will follow a pattern your organization uses. This field is optional when adding a new Place. The other fields will be in reference to the name and address of the Place that you are adding.
This article will also cover the following topics:
- From the mobile app, navigate to your Choose a Place page.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the Place List.
- Tap the Add a New Place button (iOS) or click the blue icon (Android).
The ability to Add a New Place is Mission-specific; that is, it must be turned on by a Company Admin for each Mission.
When you add a new Place, you may see a limited list of Missions as available to complete at this new Place. This simply means that the Missions you do not see listed do not have this feature enabled.