Update Multiple Existing Places
The CSV Upload feature allows Company AdminsA person with a role of Admin can access the mobile app and anything and everything else in the dashboard. to easily update multiple PlacesPlaces are the accounts and locations your Users will visit to complete their Missions. Places are locations added to your company's database. at the same time into their GoSpotCheck account.
There are two ways to access CSV Uploads for Places:
- Email Drop-down Menu—Navigate to your email drop-down menu in the top right hand corner, and then select CSV Uploads. In the Choose Upload Type menu that appears, select Places. Click the blue + CSV Upload button to continue.
- Places Tab—Navigate to the Places tab from the Web Dashboard. In the top right hand corner, click on CSV Upload.
NOTE: The following steps will be the same regardless of the path chosen to reach the CSV Upload tool.
The first time you use the CSV Upload tool, you receive a message that outlines the steps of the upload process. If you prefer not to see the message again, check the box then click Ok, let's go.
NOTE: Updating Existing Places allows you to update all or some of the places at your company. This will overwrite details for any existing places.
- Create a valid UTF-8 encoded .csv file that contains the Places you want to update. For requirements, see Preparing Your File below.
- From the CSV Upload page, click on Update Existing Places.
- Confirm your file format.
- Click Next.
- Click Choose to navigate to your already created .csv file. The system will verify the columns and headers provided in your .csv file.
- Click Next.
- A preview of your .csv file headers will appear. Verify that all your headers are correct and click Next.
- A preview of your .csv file columns will appear. Verify that all your columns are correct and click Process CSV. If necessary, click into the column name box (highlighted in blue) to match up the required columns and match them up to columns from your file. Click OK. Alternatively, if you do not want to continue, click Start Over.
- Upon clicking Process CSV, you will be directed to a CSV Uploads status screen. In the status column, you'll see either In Progress or Completed.
- Click Places to verify the new places have been added.
- Once the upload is complete, you will receive an email confirming the amount of successful records uploaded as well as if there were any errors.
- If you receive errors on your new Places upload, please read this article on resolving CSV Upload errors.
WARNING: You cannot upload a file that contains a combination of new and existing Places. Read more on adding multiple new Places via the CSV Upload tool HERE.
To update Places that exist within GoSpotCheck today, you must have a .csv file that includes the following columns.
|id||This is a required field. Your file must include the GSC ID in a column header named "id" for every Place being updated, along with the following optional column headers of every field you want to update.|
|state||This is an optional field. The state in which the Place exists.|
|postal_code||This is an optional field. Zip or postal code in which the Place exists.|
|custom_id||This is an optional field. GSC will create an ID for this Place, but you can also include a short phrase or number by which you uniquely identify this Place in your records.|
|info_url||This is an optional field. A URL to a public webpage or resource (e.g., PDF) related to this Place.|
|name||This is an optional field. Full name of the Place.|
|address||This is an optional field. Street address of the Place.|
|city||This is an optional field. City in which the Place exists.|
|country||This is an optional field. Country in which the Place exists.|
|disabled||This is an optional field. Enable or disable the Place. If left blank, the Place's existing disabled status will be unchanged. Choose from true or false.|
|latitude||This is an optional field. If you specify a latitude, you must also specify a longitude.|
|longitude||This is an optional field. If you specify a longitude, you must also specify a latitude.|
|place_group_[number]||This is an optional field. Place GroupPlace Groups are logical groupings of Places--perhaps by region, retailer, management responsibility, or anything else that is meaningful for your organization. columns should be formatted incrementally (e.g., place_group_1, place_group_2, etc.). The values within each column represent the specific Place Group to which you want to add the Place.|
|place_group_[number]_action||This is an optional field. This header must match the same "place_group_[number]." If left blank, the Place will be added to or remain part of the Place Group. Enter the value REMOVE to remove the Place from the Place Group.|
|p_chain||This is an optional field. This column will populate the chain company property.|
|p_region||This is an optional field. This column will populate the region company property.|
|Custom fields||Any additional custom property fields you've added to the system. Formatted as "p_<property_name>". For example, to update a "region" property, the column header should be formatted as "p_region. "|
TIP: For help getting the column headers just right, you can Download an Example CSV to start from.