Overview of Place Groups
A Place Group is a logical grouping of your places. Place Groups can help organize places by region, retailer, management responsibility, or anything else that is meaningful to your organization.
For example, a Place Group can be a grouping of places that are assigned a location, such as Western Region, or the North East Region. A Place Group can also be places that are grouped by a unique classification, such as On-Premise Accounts or Boutique Retailers.
A Place Group is assigned to a mission in order to allow that mission to be viewed and completed at the places in that Place Group.
By default, every location is automatically added to the "All" Place Group.
If you have User Assigned PlacesA specific account (Place) that is assigned to a specific person within your company. UAPs are helpful if your users have routes, territories, or set lists of accounts they visit, especially if you want to ensure that the only places they see in the mobile app are the ones that have been assigned to them. (UAPs), Place Groups will work in conjunction with the UAP when building a mission so that only those individuals within the UAP will see the mission assigned to the Place Group.
There are two Place Groups types:
- Smart Place Groups are dynamic groups of places within GoSpotCheck that update automatically based on any combination of place properties you define. Places are included in a Smart Place Group whenever their properties match the ones you’ve defined for the Smart Place Group; places are removed if those properties change. Therefore, Smart Place Groups are ideal if you’re frequently adding new places or modifying place properties and you want your Place Groups to automatically reflect those changes.
- Standard Place Groups are groups of places within GoSpotCheck that can include any place in the system, regardless of the properties assigned to the place. These are static and require manual updates.
- From the Web Dashboard, select the Places tab > Place Groups.
- The default Place Groups page displays All Enabled Place Groups.
- From the Show Me drop-down, you can filter the table to Place Groups by type: Standard or Smart.
- Locate the specific Place Group you want to view and click on the name to view details. If you do not see your desired Place Group, use the Search function in the upper right-hand corner.