Update Multiple Existing Users
The CSV Upload feature allows Company AdminsA person with a role of Admin can access the mobile app and anything and everything else in the dashboard. to easily add and update multiple new UsersA person with a role of User is only able to access the mobile app, and has no access to the Web dashboard. at the same time into their GoSpotCheck account. This feature makes managing updated TeamsA Team is a group of users, typically sharing one or more common characteristics. There are two types of Teams in GSC: Smart and Standard., Properties, and other attributes significantly faster than editing individually.
There are two ways to access CSV Uploads for People:
- Email Drop-down Menu—Navigate to your email drop-down menu in the top right hand corner, and then select CSV Uploads. In the "Choose Upload Type" menu that appears, select People. Click the blue "+ CSV Upload" Button to continue.
- People Tab—Navigate to the People tab from the Navigation Bar. In the top right hand corner, click on CSV Upload.
NOTE: The following steps will be the same regardless of the path chosen to reach the CSV Upload tool.
The first time you use the CSV Upload tool, you receive a message that outlines the steps of the upload process. If you prefer not to see the message again, check the box then click Ok, let's go.
- Create a .csv file that contains the users you want to add. For requirements, see Preparing Your File below.
- From the People tab, click on Update Existing People.
- Confirm your file format.
- Click Next.
- Click Choose to navigate to your already created .csv file. The system will verify the columns and headers provided in your .csv file.
- Click Next.
- A preview of your .csv file headers will appear. Verify that all your headers are correct and click Next.
- A preview of your .csv file columns will appear. Verify that all your columns are correct and click Process CSV. If necessary, click into the column name box (highlighted in blue) to match up the required columns and match them up to columns from your file. Click OK. Alternatively, if you do not want to continue, click Start Over.
- You can create new Teams when updating multiple users. If the box shown below is selected, the specified team(s) will be created if they do not already exist and those users will be added to those new teams upon upload.
- Upon clicking Process CSV, you will be directed to a CSV Uploads status screen. In the status column, you'll see either In Progress or Completed.
- Once the upload is complete, you will receive an email confirming the amount of successful records uploaded as well as if there were any errors.
- If you receive errors on your new Users upload, please read this article on resolving CSV Upload errors.
NOTE: If your team names do not match exactly, duplicate teams will be created.
WARNING: You cannot upload a file that contains a combination of new and existing users.
To begin, you will create a CSV file. When updating existing users, the CSV file must contain the following required header:
|id||This is a required field. Your file must include the GSC ID in a column header named "id" for every User being updated, along with the following optional column headers of every field you want to update.|
|This is an optional field. Email address of the User.|
|first_name||This is an optional field. First name of the User.|
|last_name||This is an optional field. Last name of the User.|
|phone||This is an optional field. Phone number contact for the User.|
|role||This is an optional field. Role of the User.|
|disabled||This is an optional field. Enable or disable the User. If left blank, the User's existing disabled status will be unchanged. Choose from True or False.|
|team_[number]||This is an optional field. TeamA Team is a group of users, typically sharing one or more common characteristics. There are two types of Teams in GSC: Smart and Standard. columns should be formatted incrementally (e.g., team_1, team_2, etc.). The values within each column represent the specific Team to which you want to add the User.|
|team_[number]_action||This is an optional field. This header must match the same "team_[number]." If left blank, the User will be added to or remain part of the Team. Enter the value REMOVE to remove the User from the Team.|
|Any custom property fields created by your CSM||
TIP: For help getting the column headers just right, you can download an Example CSV to start from.
Teams are logical grouping of people, perhaps by region, retailer, management responsibility, or anything else that is meaningful to you.
To add a person to a Team as part of your CSV upload, you can use team_[number] as the column header. Place group columns should be formatted incrementally, for example 'team_1' and then the next column as 'team_2' etc. The values within each column represent the specific Teams to which you want to add the user. For example to add a person to the "On Premise" and "Midwest Region" Teams, the Teams portion of your csv file would look like the following:
|On Premise||Midwest Region|
If you'd like to remove users from an existing Team as part of your upload, use the "team_[number]_action" header with the value of "REMOVE". To remove a user from the "On Premise" Team, the Team portion of your csv file would look like the following: