Add Multiple New Users
The CSV Upload feature allows Company AdminsA person with a role of Admin can access the mobile app and anything and everything else in the dashboard. to easily add multiple new UsersA person with a role of User is only able to access the mobile app, and has no access to the Web dashboard. at the same time into their GoSpotCheck account.
This feature for People can be accessed in two ways:
Navigate to your email drop-down menu in the top right hand corner, and then select CSV Uploads. In the Choose Upload Type menu that appears, select People. Click the blue + CSV Upload button to continue.
Navigate to the People tab from the Web Dashboard. In the top right hand corner, click on CSV Upload.
NOTE: The following steps will be the same regardless of the path chosen to reach the upload tool.
TIP: The first time you use the CSV Upload tool, you will receive a message that outlines the steps of the upload process. If you prefer not to see the message again, check the box then click Ok, let's go.
The CSV Upload tool allows you to add multiple new users at once. To do this, you will need a .csv file that includes the correct columns. You can download a sample .csv file.
- Create a .csv file that contains the users you want to add. For requirements, see Preparing Your File below.
- To add new users, select Create New People.
- Confirm your file format.
- Click Next.
- Click Choose to navigate to your already created .csv file. The system will verify the columns and headers provided in your .csv file.
- Click Next.
- A preview of your .csv file headers will appear. Verify that all your headers are correct and click Next.
- A preview of your .csv file columns will appear. Verify that all your columns are correct and click Process CSV. If necessary, click into the column name box (highlighted in blue) to match up the required columns and match them up to columns from your file. Click OK. Alternatively, if you do not want to continue, click Start Over.
- Upon clicking Process CSV, you will be directed to a CSV Uploads status screen. In the status column, you'll see either In Progress or Completed.
- Once the upload is complete, you will receive an email confirming the amount of successful records uploaded as well as if there were any errors.
- If you receive errors on your new People upload, please read this article on resolving CSV Upload Errors.
WARNING: You cannot upload a file that contains a combination of new and existing Users.
To add new People to your GoSpotCheck account, you must have a .csv file that includes the following columns.
|This is a required field. Email address of the User.|
|first_name||This is a required field. First name of the User.|
|last_name||This is a required field. Last name of the User.|
|phone||This is an optional field. Phone number of the User.|
|role||This is an optional field. Permission type for this User. If left blank, the role will default to "company_user." Valid roles are "company_admin," "company_user" or a custom role name that may exist if your organization utilizes custom roles.|
|disabled||This is an optional field. Enable or disable this User. If left blank, disabled will be set to "false." Choose from: true or false.|
|custom_id||This is an optional field. GSC will create an ID for this User, but you can also include a short phrase or number by which you uniquely identify this User in your records.|
|team_[number]||This is an optional field. TeamA Team is a group of users, typically sharing one or more common characteristics. There are two types of Teams in GSC: Smart and Standard. columns should be formatted incrementally (e.g., "team_1," "team_2," etc.). The values within each column represent the specific Team that you want the User added to.|
|team_[number]_action||This is an optional field. This header must match the same "team_[number]." If left blank, the User will be added to the Team or remain part of the Team. Enter the value REMOVE to remove the User from the Team.|
|p_division||This is an optional field. This column will populate the Division company property.|
|p_team||This is an optional field. This column will populate the Team company property.|
Any additional custom property fields you've added to the system.
TIP: For help getting the column headers just right, you can download an Example CSV to start from.