Add a New User
You’re all logged in to the GoSpotCheck Web Dashboard and ready to start adding your UsersA person with a role of User is only able to access the mobile app, and has no access to the Web dashboard. to your account (unless you want to take on the task of completing all of the MissionsMissions (often called surveys or audits) are a set of tasks for a group of users and places. Missions are the main event of GoSpotCheck. yourself!). When you add a person to GoSpotCheck, their role will be defaulted to a company User.
Depending on the number of Users you need to add at a single time, you can add Users either:
- Individually—Recommended when adding small group of Users.
- In bulk—The CSV Upload feature allows Company AdminsA person with a role of Admin can access the mobile app and anything and everything else in the dashboard. to easily add multiple new users at the same time.
NOTE: Only Company Admins have access to add new Users. If you have questions not addressed below, please reach out to GSC Customer Support.
- Navigate to the “People” tab in your Dashboard, and then click the blue + New Person button in the upper right-hand corner.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the User’s First Name, Last Name, and Email. You also have the option to add your User’s Phone Number, if desired.
- When finished inputting all necessary information, click the blue Create User button in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
- Cheers on the successful addition of reinforcements to your GoSpotCheck team!
NOTE: You can choose to send an invitation email to your Users as you add them to your Web Dashboard. By checking that box, your Users will receive an invitation email upon the creation of their account. (You’ll also have the option to invite your Users at a later time if you'd rather not invite them right away!). To view the invitation email contents and learn more about Invitations and User Activation Status, click HERE.
TIP: Need to send more than one invite? Company Admins and Role-Based Users with access to the People Tab can bulk Invite and Re-Invite users with the “Invite All” and “Re-Invite All” Buttons.
Teams organize Users into various groups based on criteria of your choosing. When creating a new User account, you have the option to add them to any Team that has already been created for your company. All Users are automatically included in the “All” Team by default, but Users can be a part of an unlimited number of teams. For more information on Creating and Editing Teams, click HERE.
You can attribute property values to your Users where additional data might be needed. Examples of properties could include regions, division, etc. If you’d like to add User properties, please reach out to your designated Customer Success Manager for configuration. If you’ve already configured properties for your Users, you can assign property values here.
NOTE: If you have NOT configured any User properties, you will not see the Properties field at all!
Roles allow you to determine the level of access you want each User to have. The options include:
- USER—Access to the GoSpotCheck Mobile App / MyGSC only (default).
- COMPANY ADMIN—Full View and Edit access to both the GoSpotCheck Web Dashboard and the Mobile App.
- MANAGER—Full access to the GoSpotCheck Mobile App and SCOPED, CUSTOMIZED access to view/edit within the GoSpotCheck Web Dashboard. Click here for more information on Role Based Access.
TIP: You will only see the role of Manager as a potential option if your company has purchased Role-based Access as an addition to your GoSpotCheck Account. To find out more about setting up Roles, please contact your designated GSC Customer Success Manager.