When building a Mission, you can add a Conditional Task after any Yes/No, Multiple Choice, Multiple Select or Searchable List Task. Conditional tasks are follow-up questions based on predefined answer criteria. This logic helps you ask the right questions at the right time and allows your field team to perform missions with maximum efficiency.
- Click the +Add Task button.
- Select a Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, Yes/No, or Searchable List task type.
- In the first field that appears, enter the question you want to ask. In this example, we've selected a Yes/No task type, so we are asking a question that can be answered with either a Yes or No response (in this example, Is Brand X on display?).
- Click the Add Conditional button to create a new child question based on the User's response to the parent question.
- Select the task type you desire from the grid that appears. You could ask, for example:
• How many are on display? (count task)
• How much did it cost? (price task)
• Condition of display location? (short-answer task)
- In the field that appears, enter the question you want to ask. Notice that the question number is 1.1 (implying it is a conditional question on question 1).
- Click the dropdown for Shown when answering on its parent task to indicate when the conditional question should to be asked.
- Add additional conditional questions by repeating above steps.
NOTE: These task types provide results that are quantified by you, and therefore, you are able to plan "conditional questions" based on a user's response. One of the most common ways to add conditional questions is to begin with a Yes/No Task type. That way, you can ask conditional questions based on whether a user responds Yes or No.