Advanced Mission Settings
When creating a MissionMissions (often called surveys or audits) are a set of tasks for a group of users and places. Missions are the main event of GoSpotCheck., there are a number of additional options you can select to fine tune the availability of your Mission in the field. We call these options, Advanced Settings, and they are included in the Advanced Settings dropdown of every Mission that is currently editable.
- From the Mission Builder page, click the Show Advanced Settings link.
- The Advanced Settings dropdown includes the following options:
- Enable user assigned places—deploys Missions ONLY to assigned accounts contained in the Place Group selected. For example, if a mission is deployed to the "Walmart" Place Group, checking the "Enable User Assigned Places" option will allow users to view this mission only at Walmart locations to which they have been assigned.
- Allow users to add places—allows users to add places not included in your place database and complete this Mission. The Places will appear in your “New Place” place group.
- Allow missions without a place—allows users to complete the mission without a place selected (this mission becomes known as an Anywhere Mission). Useful in environments where the place is hard to define ( i.e., planes, trains, automobiles, etc.).
WARNING: Anywhere Missions cannot be completed via MyGSC.
NOTE: If you have the 'Assign a UAP to Places Added in the Mobile App' set to false in your Company Settings, you will not have the option to choose both 'Enable User Assigned Places' and 'Allow users to add places.' This is because each Place that a user adds will need to be assigned as a UAP to that user in order to complete the Mission. If the 'Assign a UAP to Places Added in the Mobile App' feature is set to false, the user would not have the newly added Place assigned to their User's Profile and would therefore be unable to complete the Mission. If you would like to create a Mission that is UAP enabled and will allow users to add Places in the app, please go to your Company Settings page and toggle the 'Assign a UAP to Places Added in the Mobile App' setting on or reach out to your Customer Success Manager.