Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Here are some issues that can arise for Company Admins navigating their GoSpotCheck accounts.
As a Company Admin, you can edit any Mission Response in the event that the Response is incorrect or contains mistakes. To edit or delete a Mission Response:
- Navigate to the Mission Responses tab within a Mission to view all Responses.
- Locate the Mission Response you want to edit and click on that Response in the data table. This will open up a light box showing the Response.
- Click the Edit button directly above the Task and Response list. This will take you to a new page where you can edit any Response from the user for that Mission. You can also choose to delete the Response.
- When you are done editing, simply click Save and the Mission Response will be updated.
Editing mission responses that have been submitted using the unlisted or 'New Place' feature, or that were entered at the incorrect account can easily be done by a GoSpotCheck Company Admin in the Web Dashboard. Follow these steps to edit a Mission Response's location.
- First, determine the desired Location. If the Mission Response was added as a 'New Place', your Mobile App User should have provided the location in their answer to the first question. If you find that the information is not detailed enough, simply search for the GPS coordinates at which the Mission was submitted using your favorite web search engine. If you are editing a response that was added to the incorrect location, you will want to determine whether or not the correct location exists in the database.
- Add the Location to the database. Add the location to your company's GoSpotCheck places database, as outlined here.
- Click the Edit button to edit the Mission Response's Location.
- Select Change Place to select the correct location. Use the search bar to find the location you've just added to the system and select the location.
- Click Save.
Yes! However, Company AdminsA person with a role of Admin can access the mobile app and anything and everything else in the dashboard. must first configure a MissionMissions (often called surveys or audits) are a set of tasks for a group of users and places. Missions are the main event of GoSpotCheck. to allow Users to submit a Mission ResponseThe data (response) a User submits to a Mission. at an unlisted PlacePlaces are the accounts and locations your Users will visit to complete their Missions. Places are locations added to your company's database. (referred to as a ‘New Place’).
NOTE: Contact GoSpotCheck Customer Support to enable this feature for your company.
- Set the "Allow Users to Add Places" Advanced Mission Setting.
- Continue to create the Mission as you normally would, ensuring you have added all desired tasks.
- Once you are ready to launch the Mission to your Users, click on the green ‘Start’ button in the upper right-hand corner.
NOTE: Once you set your Mission to Allow Users to Add Places, this Mission will automatically be associated with the "New Place" Place GroupPlace Groups are logical groupings of Places--perhaps by region, retailer, management responsibility, or anything else that is meaningful for your organization.. It is important to understand how this will interact with other Missions that are also set up for the New Place feature, as the "New Place" Place Group is global.
TIP: Once a Mobile App User has saved a New Place, this Place will automatically be assigned to the Place Groups ‘All’ and ‘New Places’. In order for this Place to be utilized properly in the future, we recommend editing and adding it to any relative Place Groups.
Across all of our initiatives, how much data are we collecting? What are the most active regions or people over the last thirty days?
Once you have added UsersA person with a role of User is only able to access the mobile app, and has no access to the Web dashboard. to your GoSpotCheck account, you can:
- Send them an Invitation and check their Activation Status
- Edit their information
- Assign Places to a User
- Disable a User
- Create a custom Role for a User
You can then create TeamsA Team is a group of users, typically sharing one or more common characteristics. There are two types of Teams in GSC: Smart and Standard. that will allow you to:
Sometimes you may hear from a User that they are at a location that should have a Mission available but the location is not appearing in their Mobile App. The first step is always to ensure that your Mission has Started! If it is Started, then there are a couple things to check to make sure that everything has been set properly for the Mission and Place.
- Look up the Place on the Places tab to check the accuracy—Sometimes the location information that was provided when creating a Place can cause the GPS coordinates to be inaccurate. To check this, navigate to the main Places tab and search for the Place with the issue. You may use the Search bar which is located above the list of places, on the right-hand side of the screen. Once you land on the Place page, look at the map on the right side of the page to see if the pin looks to be in the correct location. You can also check here to make sure that the address is accurate. If the pin seems to be wrong, most likely the address is wrong. To update the address, click "Edit" and update the address. This will automatically update the GPS coordinates. Note the Place Groups that are associated with the Place on this page.
- Ensure the Place is in the Place Group assigned to the Mission—There is also a chance that the location is not included in the Place Group that has been assigned to the Mission. To check which Place Groups were included for the Mission and which Places are in those Place Groups, click into the Mission from the main Started Missions page. From there, you can click on the Info tab to see the Place Groups assigned to the Mission. You can then click on the Place Group names from here to see a list of Places included in the Place Groups. Alternatively, you can go back to the main Places tab, search for the location in question, and view the Place Groups that are associated with the Place. If a Place is mistakenly not included in the Place Groups for the Mission, you can always add the Place to the Place Group. If a Place is added to a Place Group even after the Mission is Started, it will update instantly on a user's device.
If Users are telling you that they do not see the Mission that you launched, there are a number of things you can check to make sure that the Mission is set up properly. We will show you how to check the Teams and Place Groups assigned to the Mission, how to add a Person to a Team, or Place to a Place Group if they weren't included, and how to view Advanced Mission settings to identify any potential issues.
- Make sure the Mission is in "Started" mode—If a Mission has not been Started, it will not show up on your user's devices. The first step should always be to make sure that the Mission has been Started. To do so, simply navigate to the main Missions page and see if your Mission is on the Started Missions list; Started Missions also show the word "Started" in the Status column, as seen below. If your mission is not under Started Missions, check Drafts to see if it is still in Draft mode.
- Ensure you have the correct People in the Teams assigned to the Mission—Always check if the user that is having the issue seeing the Mission is added to the Team that has been assigned the Mission. To view this, click on the Mission and then click on the "Info" tab for that Mission. This will show you the Teams and Place Groups that have been assigned to your Mission. You can click on the Team name to view the list of members that are on that Team. If it is not the "All" Team, you can edit the list of users and the Mission should then show up on their devices. Note: Even if a Mission is already Started, you can still add People to the Team assigned to the Mission and the newly added People will see the Mission on their devices.
- Ensure you have the right Places in the Place Groups assigned to the Mission—Similar to checking on the People in Teams assigned to the Mission, you can use the Info tab within a Mission to see which Place Groups were assigned to the Mission. If you want to edit or add Places to the Place Group, click on the Place Group name from the Info tab and you will be taken to the Place Group page. From here, you can add or remove Places to that Place Group. You can add Places to Place Groups after a Mission has been started and it will show up on a user's device (as long as the Mission includes that Place Group). Please note that, at this time, we do not allow you to add or remove the Place Groups or Teams that have been assigned to the Mission. Currently, you can only add or remove People or Places from Teams or Place Groups assigned to a Mission.
- Ensure your User is within 25 miles of a Place that has been assigned the Mission—If a Person has been assigned to a Mission, they must be within 25 miles of a Place which has been assigned to that Mission in order to see it. If a Person is more than 25 miles from any of the Places assigned the Mission, they will not see any Missions available in app.
- If User Assigned Places is enabled, check on the Places assigned to a Person (ADVANCED FEATURE)—If you have Enabled User Assigned Places, you will need to make sure that the People in the Teams assigned the Mission have User Assigned Places enabled. First, you can check to see if you have enabled User Assigned Places on the Info tab within a Mission (same place used to check Teams and Place Groups). If it confirms that you have enabled User Assigned Places, you will want to check the People assigned the Mission to make sure that have been given Assigned Places. To do this, click on a Person's name. You will see a list of Places that they have been assigned. If there is nothing on this list and User Assigned Places is enabled for the Mission, the Person will not see anything. Also, if none of their Assigned Places are near their current location, they will not see anything. To edit User Assigned Places, simply click the "Edit" button on the top of the Person's page, above their name. From here, you can assign Places to that Person.
If you choose to Delete a Mission in Draft mode, it will be permanently deleted! Please use caution when deleting Draft Missions because there is no way for the draft Mission to be recovered. You will be given a notification when Deleting a Draft Mission asking you to confirm that you really want to delete the Mission. If you click "Yes, Delete" then the Draft Mission is gone forever!
Downloading a single Mission Response is very simple.
- From the Mission Overview page, navigate to the Mission you want to download the Mission Response for.
- Open the Mission.
- Click on the Mission Responses tab.
- Click on the row for the Missions Response you want to view.
- A Mission Response dialog box will appear. Click on the PDF button.
- You will receive a prompt that you will receive an email confirmation when your download is ready and can be accessed via the Downloads page.
- Click OK.
There are two ways to be logged in to GoSpotCheck:
- Web Dashboard—If a Company Admin wants to view data from their Team, view a list of their Users, manage Places, build a Mission, etc., they must log into the Web Dashboard. The log-in credentials are the same for the Mobile App and the Web Dashboard; the difference is what you're able to view and do on each platform. People in GoSpotCheck who have a role set to User will NOT be able to log into the Web Dashboard. If you have a role of Company Admin, you can access the Web Dashboard through a Web browser on your computer or on your mobile device (however, the Web Dashboard is not optimized for mobile devices, so GoSpotCheck recommends using a full screen device like a computer to view the Web Dashboard).
- Mobile App—The Mobile App is how Users collect data out in the field. They work through missions (surveys) that were built on the Web dashboard, and when they push submit, the data they've collected goes back to the Web dashboard for analysis by the group's Company Admins. People in GoSpotCheck who have a role set to "User" will only be able to log into and use the Mobile App. Company Admins also have access to use the mobile app, but are only able to use the App for data collection. Learn how to Download the Mobile App here. In order to log in to the Mobile App, your email address must have been added to GoSpotCheck by your Company Admin. You must log in with the correct email address in order for the system to recognize you and let you create a password.
First, you will need to add a Place and then add and edit Contacts associated with those PlacesPlaces are the accounts and locations your Users will visit to complete their Missions. Places are locations added to your company's database.. Next, organize your Places into Place Groups.
Adding contact information is a great way to help your field representatives maintain key relationships at specific locations. Your reps will be able to walk into a location knowing exactly who they need to talk to about specific business functions or product lines.
- Navigate to the Places tab in the Web Dashboard.
- Select the Place for which you would like to add a contact, then click the Edit button to edit the location's details.
- Click the blue Add Contact button to add new contact details.
NOTE: Multiple contacts can be added to each location. Make sure to click the 'Save' button once you are satisfied with your entry.
Adding SectionsSections can be used to group Tasks. Adding Sections to a Mission can help create a flow and provide insight into the focus of a Mission. Sections provide clarification in reporting, as Company Admins can view all "like" data grouped together in order by view. to a MissionMissions (often called surveys or audits) are a set of tasks for a group of users and places. Missions are the main event of GoSpotCheck. can help create a flow to the Mission, as well as assist with ease of navigation. By creating a Section, you can provide a User insight into the different focuses of a Mission. As a result, users know what to expect driving, value and saving time.
Sections help reporting make more sense, as you will be able to view all "like" data grouped together in order by view.
To add a Section to a Mission, simply click the Create New Section button at the bottom of the Mission Edit page. Click here for more detailed information.
You can create filters for Mission ResponseThe data (response) a User submits to a Mission. data. Once those filters are created, you can apply the filters or choose to save them.
To save filters:
- Click Save in the lower right-hand corner of the filter dialog box.
- You will be asked to provide a descriptive name.
- You can immediately create an email alert based on the filter by checking the "Email me an Alert when responses match this filter" box.
You can create alerts to receive emails when a Mission Response meets the criteria set by a filter. This email will not alert other Company Admins unless they have set up the same alert.
Sample Email Alert
The email will direct you to the Alerts page in the Web Dashboard, which can be accessed from the user drop-down menu.